|Highlands County Growers Association
6419 US 27 South
Sebring Florida 33876
The purpose of the Highlands County Citrus Growers Association, Inc. is to protect and enhance the viability and profitability of commercial citrus growers in Highlands County Florida.
It is the consensus of the Highlands County Citrus Growers Association, Inc. that efforts to accomplish this mission locally are most effective with cooperation between all citrus growers, citrus nurserymen and their associate partners in Highlands County Florida.
Furthermore, such efforts should primarily focus on enhancing the knowledge of citrus growers on issues which potentially impact their businesses and on fostering a positive public image.
The policies of the Highlands County Citrus Growers Association, Inc. which will guide the Board of Directors, members, and staff in achieving the above goals include the following:
- To attend local meetings, i.e. county commission meetings, etc. regarding issues of concern to citrus growers
- To become intimately involved with the promulgation of county ordinances or other local regulations which may impact citrus in Highlands County Florida
- To interface with local research projects concerned with environmental and citrus production issues
- To convey information regarding issues of concern to association members
- To protect and promote the common interests of citrus growers and their associate partners in Highlands County Florida
- To educate and inform Highlands County residents about the benefits they derive from the citrus industry
- To serve as a repository for facts concerning the citrus industry in Highlands County Florida .. and
- To provide a forum to encourage a spirit of camaraderie and mutual support between grower and associate members